Bryan Research has been dealing with healthcare institutions for almost ten years now, working at all levels within the organizations to solve problems, redesign and reorganize and improve operational performance. Listed below are a few examples:
- 13 hospital health system in the southern USA. We redesigned operating room flow, concentrating on turnaround time reduction, by optimizing supply chains, re-sequencing turn around activities and redesigning case cart setup, usage and teardown.
- Four site health system in the northeastern USA. We analyzed both clinical and pathology laboratory workflows, redesigned them according to toyota production system principles and managed implementation of the changes to a stable system.
- 125 bed hospital in the midwestern USA. We analyzed and redesigned OP and IP processes to improve capacity management,quality and LOS. These improvements released $63m a year in previously consumed capacity.
- Independent drug screening laboratory in the northeastern USA. We analyzed existing demand and capacity management strategies, introduced improvements to flow resulting in 35% extra capacity, designed a new laboratory layout and systems and project managed the move to the new laboratory facility.
- Large, urban hospital system in NYC. We analyzed biomedical engineering issues around incubator availability. Redesigning this resulted in significant capital savings.
Our more recent work has been exclusively with primary care practices, assisting with all aspects from patient flow and operations to owner / founder transitional issues requiring extensive coaching. We use the philosophies and frameworks of the Toyota production System, along with many others to effectively assess your operations and strategy and engage your team in truly transformational work.